THE DOG SOCIETY
1. I release THE DOG SOCIETY LLC, and any of its members, managers, agents, employees, and staff (collectively “THE DOG SOCIETY”) from any and all injuries, damages and liability arising from my entrance or my dog’s entrance into the facility including, but not limited to, the café/bar, events, games, dog services (boarding, daycare, grooming, training) attendance and participation in all activities with other patrons, owners, and/or other dogs (collectively, “the Activities”).
2. I fully accept all reasonable risks of illness, injury or death that may be incurred during the Activities. Such risks include, but are not limited to: cuts, scrapes, bites, and other injuries to patrons, owners, or dog(s) resulting from participation in Activities and rough play; and possible contagious illnesses such as upper respiratory infections (of which one, “Bordetella”, currently has a vaccination available). I accept full responsibility for any loss or damages to my personal property.
3. THE DOG SOCIETY agrees to exercise due and reasonable care in the handling of dogs, and in keeping the facility properly enclosed and sanitary. All dogs are cared for by THE DOG SOCIETY staff without liability on THE DOG SOCIETY for loss or damage from disease, theft, fire, death, escape, injury, or harm to patrons, other dogs, property, or for other unavoidable causes, due care and diligence having been exercised.4. Although THE DOG SOCIETY may provide pre-screening for dogs who enter the facility, THE DOG SOCIETY does not guarantee or assure the safety of you or your pet while on the premises. If I have a dog, I understand that I am solely responsible for any harm caused by my dog(s) while my dog is entering THE DOG SOCIETY, provided reasonable care and precautions are followed by THE DOG SOCIETY.
5. I understand that any dog entering THE DOG SOCIETY must be current on all vaccinations and REQUIRED to be up to date on Required vaccinations include: DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus), Bordetella, and Rabies to enter the premises. (Note that Rabies tags will not be accepted as validation.)6. I further understand that any dog entering that is 6 months or older must be altered, and females must not be “in heat”. I give THE DOG SOCIETY permission to contact my vet on file to request an updated copy of my dog’s vaccinations and proof the dog(s) have been altered. If THE DOG SOCIETY is unable to secure confirmation of these records, the dog(s) will not be granted re-admittance until these requirements are met.
7. I shall indemnify THE DOG SOCIETY against any claims, or any losses or damage of any kind suffered by THE DOG SOCIETY because of my failure to inform THE DOG SOCIETY of any pre-existing conditions my dog may have (Including, but not limited to, an illness or aggression problems).
8. I agree to keep my dog on monthly flea treatment and to take precautions against contagious illness and parasite exposure by consulting with my veterinarian prior to my dog attending THE DOG SOCIETY.
9. I understand that in the event of injury to my dog(s), THE DOG SOCIETY staff may or may not notify me immediately, at their discretion. If the injury is not serious, staff may allow my dog to continue to play, and then notify me when I come to pick up my dog. If the injury is serious or requires that my dog be removed from group activities, I will be notified immediately.
10. I understand and agree that should my dog become ill or in need of medical attention, THE DOG SOCIETY will first try to contact me. If unable to reach me in an emergency, THE DOG SOCIETY staff reserves the right and sole discretion to administer aid and/or to use any available veterinarians without liability, and I agree to promptly pay for all medical treatments received.
11. I understand that my dog will only be released to the owner(s) or authorized representative on file, unless prior authorization has been made, in writing, with a THE DOG SOCIETY staff member.
12. I understand that if my dog is left at THE DOG SOCIETY for a period of 24 hours or more without contact from me or my authorized representative, my dog will be considered abandoned, and all necessary steps will be taken to turn the dog over to the proper authorities and/or animal rescue agency. All boarding expenses within the initial 24 hours will be the owner's responsibility to pay.
14. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless, THE DOG SOCIETY for any third-party claims caused or contributed to by my dog.
15. I give THE DOG SOCIETY permission to use photography of myself and my dog(s) on their website, social media, and other marketing materials.
16. I agree and understand that the responsibility and/or liability of The Dog Society in no event shall exceed the sum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) and agree not to claim any damages against The Dog Society of any nature, whatsoever, either by way of contract, equity, negligence or otherwise, more than said sum, including, but not limited to, consequential and/or punitive damages. If any word, sentence, or section of this agreement be declared invalid, such ruling shall nevertheless not affect any other word, sentence, or section. The remedies hereunder are cumulative to The Dog Society and not alternative. No person is authorized by The Dog Society to change or waive any of the terms or conditions of this contract, and The Dog Society will not be bound by any changes therein, whether oral or written. All terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, and assigned of the owner of the within named dog(s). This contract is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other document and/or oral representation and/or agreements. Any disputes arising out of this Agreement will be decided pursuant to the laws of the State of California and venue shall be in San Diego County. If action is to be instituted to enforce this contract, the prevailing party is entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
17. I agree to abide by the policies and procedures as posted at The Dog Society and the “Visitation Policies”. I understand that failure to listen to The Dog Society staff and/or failure to follow policies and procedures may result in my being asked to leave, and depending upon the severity of the offense, may not be allowed to return to The Dog Society. THE DOG SOCIETY has the right to refuse any services at any time.
Planning your first visit? At The Dog Society SAFETY Comes First Sure, it’s quite the list-- but you will have the peace of mind that all pups have been vetted just like yours, to help ensure a safe and fun environment for all to enjoy!
All visitors must sign The Dog Society Waiver. The Dog Society has the right to refuse service to any customer for any reason. All visitors are to abide by all THE DOG SOCIETY policies and rules, including direction from staff. Food and Beverages: No outside food, drinks, dog treats, or glass bottles are allowed. Please do not feed dogs, allow them to eat from other patron’s tables, or get into the garbage. Fresh filtered water is available throughout the facility. Vaping and Smoking: Smoking and vaping are NOT allowed on the premises, inside or out. Children: We love kids and offer a fun place for the whole family to enjoy, however they must always be under strict adult supervision. The Dog Society has a 21 years and older age requirement after 8pm daily. Patrons and Owners knowingly and voluntarily assume any risk of harm to yourself and/or your dog, and are responsible for any destruction or damages caused, including property of The Dog Society, to other patrons or their dogs and are legally and financially liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog. No other animals or pets are permitted in the facility—(sorry kitties, we are The Dog Society after all!) Carefully watch as you enter and exit every gate/door of the facility, maintaining your dog on a leash and in control and not allowing other dogs to go with you. Seek out the assistance of a Pack Leader (in orange shirts) should issues or concerns arise.
Sign The Dog Society Waiver, Pet Release Authorization, and Dog Services Contract. All dogs must be 4 months or older. (Puppies must wait two weeks after their final puppy vaccination shots are completed.) All dogs must have the required vaccinations, including: DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus), Bordetella, and Rabies. (Note that Rabies tags will not be accepted as validation.) The Dog Society will obtain written proof of current vaccination and spay/neuter records from your veterinarian before re-entry or purchasing passes/packages/Memberships. All dogs must be in a good condition of health. No dogs displaying signs of illness will be permitted (vomit, diarrhea, coughing, etc.) 48 hours prior to arrival at the facility. All dogs must be spayed or neutered if they are 6 months or older. Unaltered dogs destabilize the pack, and are at greater risk for injury by other dogs. If your unaltered pup displays “humping” or other behaviors, they may be asked to not return until they have been altered. Females must not be “in heat” while attending the facilities. All dogs must be free of parasites (fleas and ticks) and currently on a flea/tick preventative (such as Frontline). All dogs are inspected upon entry into the facility and should parasites be found, the dogs will be turned away or flea bathed and dipped at an additional cost to you. Behavior: All first-time pups to our Visitor areas must pass a quick initial “Bar test” behavioral walk through with a Pack Leader to ensure that all who visit enjoy a safe and fun environment. Constant barking must be kept under control as it is disruptive to other patrons and their dogs. If a dog continues to bark after two warnings, the dog may be asked to leave the facility. Prior to future re-admittance, you are required to meet with one of our training coaches for a 30 min. consultation on dog training options and how to help you and your pup grow and be allowed to return. Owners must always remain with their dog. Leash & Collar: Your pups must be on a non-flexible, non-retractable leash (a maximum length of 6 feet) at all times. If you don’t have one, we have them available for purchase. Dogs must wear a collar with current name tags and contact information. Please leave all toys at home, and do not use other items to engage in play on premises so as to avoid any potential for fights with others. Please clean up after your pup promptly with bags provided at waste stations. Visitors with more than 2 pups per person must have Management approval prior to visitation. If a patron appears intoxicated, you may be sent home at your expense in an Uber/Lyft/taxi etc. if alternative transportation is not provided and your pup(s) will spend the night in one of our boarding rooms at their expense.
I understand that failure to abide by any of these policies may result in prevention of entry, ejection from the premises, and/or suspension or termination of passes or Memberships at the sole discretion of management.
All fields are required
Type your full name below to sign this document.
I would like to receive email marketing.
By clicking/tapping/touching/selecting or otherwise interacting with the "Submit" button, you are consenting to signing this Document electronically. You agree your electronic signature ("E-Signature") is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Document. You consent to be legally bound by this Document's agreement(s), acknowledgement(s), policy(ies), disclosure(s), consent term(s) and condition(s). You agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature. You may request a paper version of an electronic record by writing to us. Your current valid email is required for all communications.